[Newleaf] April 9 Sustainability Event: Deadline Extended!

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Thu Mar 7 21:17:50 EST 2013

DEADLINE EXTENDED:  Student Sustainability Roundtable--Hosted at
Hampshire College on April 9

A number of excellent abstracts have been submitted from students
working on sustainability projects.  There is some space for more, so
the deadline has been extended to March 15.  Please encourage your
students who are working on any project related to sustainability to
submit an abstract for the Second Annual Student Sustainability
Roundtable, hosted at Hampshire College, in conjunction with Second
Nature and the MA Schools Sustainability Coordinators Roundtable
(MSSCOR). The event will take place on April 9, at the Red Barn at
Hampshire College.

Because we would like the day to be interactive and lively, we have
decided to have students prepare posters, for which they will give a
brief "elevator" pitch to the entire group, prior to a poster session
in the morning.  In the afternoon, we will have a roundtable
discussion of some of the top Blue Sky Brainstorm ideas, as well as
more opportunities to make connections with regional sustainability
practitioners.  Other highlights include a keynote speech by Kevin
Doyle (President of Green Economy), a welcome address from President
Jonathan Lash, and a resource table for information about jobs and
internships.

A full agenda for the day will be available soon.

Here are the submission requirements:

·Abstracts should be no more than a page

·Abstracts may describe a project in any state of implementation,
including planning, or may discuss an aspect of sustainability
implementation that is important to the success of school
sustainability.

·Papers may be co-authored by faculty or staff, but must presented by
students.

·The submission should include a statement that the paper has been
reviewed and approved by staff or faculty, with a description of their
role concerning sustainability at the campus and/or the subject of the
paper.

Submit by email by March 15 to: rick.reibstein at state.ma.us
<mailto:rick.reibstein at state.ma.us>, or by regular mail to Rick
Reibstein, Office of Technical Assistance, 9^th Floor, 100 Cambridge
Street, Boston, MA 02114.

--
Beth Hooker, Ph.D.
Sustainability Initiative Director