[Newleaf] LED Bulb Brigade!

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 22 20:05:03 EDT 2012

Hello Bulb Brigadiers,

It's a new week, and time for a new round of bulb distribution
missions.  This is where we get all our trick-or-treating practice in
before Hampshire Halloween.

We didn't end up making it out last Friday; I personally was delayed
by my class field trip, and I don't blame people for being
unenthusiastic on such a rainy day.  That said, I am proud to say that
we have officially passed the 100 bulb mark!  We've been making great
progress, let's keep it up.

If the Sustainable Hampshire people are able to go out tomorrow and
distribute during class, a good place to focus would be the library's
media basement.  We haven't hit it yet and I believe there are an
abundance of lights down there that basically stay on all day.  If you
guys are busy during class, we will cover the basement later this week.

As for the larger group, I'm going to propose some mission times for
this week:

1. Wednesday Evening, Oct. 24 - Meet at 7:00pm in the Library Lobby
(under the virtual gallery screen) - I think we should try an evening
run, because people will probably be more likely to be in their mods
at this time.  We'll just go from 7-8.

2. Thursday Afternoon, October 25 - Meet at 1:00pm in the President's
Office.  If nobody has gotten to the Library basement by this time,
we'll go there.  Otherwise, let's try for CASA and CORC as they have
not been tried yet.  And there are always mods to fill the time if we
need more to do.

3. Saturday, October 27 - This is going to be something different. I
want to try a tabling event where we can get people to bring light
bulbs to us for exchange.  I'm thinking we can do some kind of little
raffle as an incentive, and advertise it this week.  Based on the
success of this strategy we may do another one in the future.  It'll
be pretty low key for volunteers, I think we'll set up a table in the
Library Lobby with a poster and some information and of course a lot
of LED bulbs.  I'd say we could try to be there from 3:00pm-5:00pm,
and we don't need a lot of people to be there constantly.  You can
drop in for however long is convenient, and probably just do homework
while we wait for people to show up.  It'll be a great way to get the
word out, at the very least.  More info to come on this, but I'd love
some help.

Remember, for whatever bulbs you distribute, record the information of
locations and bulb type as you go, and be sure to place all collected
bulbs in the box outside Beth Hooker's Office (Cole 313).

Thanks again to everyone who has put in time on this project!  And if
you haven't been checking out the google doc, it's pretty darn cool:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIJlW5mIw84dE5xVEJ0TUV0Qm9WbTU3R3JfTlhMZlE#gid=0

Let me know if you have questions.

~Josh