[Newleaf] LED Bulb Brigade Meeting Time and Info

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 10 00:30:05 EDT 2012

Hello New Leaf and LED volunteers!

I've been very happy to see all the interest for the LED bulb exchange
project, and we've reached the point where it's time to go out and
make it happen!

For those in Steve's Sustainable Hampshire class, I love the idea of
using your class time for distribution.  The bulbs should be available
in the president's office.  Of course, you will be limited as far as
your class's meeting time, because many professors and students will
not be around during that time; I also cannot personally be around for
this time but you have numerous TAs involved so leadership should not
be an issue. Maybe you guys could start with Cole offices since you
are already in the building?  This can be a part of numerous
distribution missions.  Whenever you guys do go out and exchange bulbs
on campus, be sure to take along a notepad of some sort and write down
which offices/mods/dorms you have visited, as well as what type of
bulb you receive in exchange.  Then, note your data in this google doc
so that we can collectively keep track of where we have hit and where
we have yet to hit (the link is also on New Leaf's Hampedia Page):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIJlW5mIw84dE5xVEJ0TUV0Qm9WbTU3R3JfTlhMZlE

You should bring collected CFL/incandescent bulbs to the president's office.

New Leaf and other volunteers... I will be around for the first open
distribution mission on Thursday, October 11, at 1:00PM.  Please meet
me in the hallway of Cole just outside the President's Office.  My
plan is to try to hit as many offices in FPH as we can from 1pm to 2pm
at least.  We will record the offices we successfully hit and then
we'll make plans for the next mission. We might try Friday if people
are available.

A reminder to all that New Leaf is meeting at 7:00pm in FPH 101 today
(WED).  The bulb project will be among our topics of discussion so
feel free to stop by.

Looking forward to working with you all,

Josh