[Newleaf] Coal free MA- Mt Tom. in Holyoke

ks12 at hampshire.edu ks12 at hampshire.edu
Tue Nov 27 23:22:29 EST 2012

Hey everyone. I've been working with people who have affiliations with
the Sierra Club and some people from Holyoke on a campaign to shut
down Mt. Tom, a coal plant in Holyoke that operates part time under an
expired clean air permit. It is one of two coal plants operating in
the state. We were thinkng about arranging discussions at the colleges
about the plant in Holyoke, the effects its presence has on the
community and how we can move towards fazing out dirty energy locally.
We would also like to talk about coal in general. I am wondering how
to secure a room for this kind of event and also if New Leaf wanted to
get involved.
Let me know,

Kim Selznick