[Newleaf] Compost Help is from NOON - 1:00

Pam Tinto ptinto at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 7 15:42:02 EST 2012

Dear Compost Friends :)

The next Campus Visit Day is Monday, Nov. 12th, and help is needed to
staff the compost stations in the RCC.  PLEASE forward this onto to
everyone who might possibly be able to help. What do you need to do...
Ya just pull up a chair, grab lunch and then sit next to the bins and
help prospective students and their families dispose of stuff properly
to keep the bins from being contaminated. Even though dining services
has done an excellent job making nearly everything compostable, folks
still have some of their own trash which adds to the contamination.

  And ya never can tell what perspective student might choose to come
here if you talk with them. :) It's also so nice for families to
interact with students so I see this role as not just pointing to the
correct bin and explaining why a cup that looks plastic will honestly
decompose. (Just place it in hot water and while it's not as exciting as
sea monkeys, it will melt into some cool shapes before dissolving. )

Please email me directly if you can work.  Ideally we need 5 students,
one per station.

In composting solidarity!

Pam

Pam Tinto
Associate Dean of Students
Campus Leadership and Activities
413-559-5751 (phone)
413-559-5664 (fax)

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to
think critically... Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of
true education.
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.  Those who profess to
favor freedom, and yet, renounce controversy, are the people who want
crops without plowing the ground.
-Frederick Douglas