[Newleaf] Conference Opportunity

marushka grogan mrg09 at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 17 23:35:39 EST 2012

Hello,

My name is Marushka Grogan, and I am a third-year student at Hampshire
College. I am currently putting together a 5 College Water Symposium, to be
held at UMass on April 20th in conjunction with the Riverscaping Conference. I
am soliciting 5 College students’ proposals to present at this Symposium -
anything from lecture to performance or visual work -  and wondered if
members of your student group would be interested, as water issues often
tie into other issues and interests in unexpected ways. From medicine and
art to gender studies, economy, foodsystems and religious philosophy,
different ways of looking at water in the world contribute to a better
understanding of how it shapes the world around us.

Participation in the 5 College Water Symposium will provide students with
an excellent networking platform, as well as experience with presentation
in a conference-style forum. Students selected to present may also be able
to attend a special training to help further develop their presentation
skills. This project is established in the hope of sparking student,
faculty and community members’ awareness of the ways that water issues
affect every discipline, towards creating new venues for collaborative
research and projects. It is slated to become a reoccurring event, and we
hope to have as many disciplines as possible represented at the inaugural
event.

Attached, you will find a file of materials related to the event. I am
happy to meet with you or your student group if you would like me to give a
short presentation. Thank you for your help.

Best,

--
Marushka Rose Grogan
Hampshire College '13

Organizer, The 5 College Water Symposium
EPEC Course Facilitator: NS-299 *Multi-Disciplinary Water Resources*
*http://multi-disciplinarywaterresources.wetpaint.com*<http://multi-disciplinarywaterresources.wetpaint.com/?utm_source=Wetpaint&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Alerts&utm_campaign=Social>