[Newleaf] Curt Ellis Visit and Movie Screenings!

Marleigh Philson Higgins mph09 at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 14 12:44:47 EST 2012

Hi all,

I just wanted to remind everyone that Curt Ellis is coming to campus on february
20th! Here is an updated outline of his visit:

Sunday February 19th: The screening of Curt Ellis's documentaries King Corn and
Big River will now take place this Sunday, February 19th at 5:00 in the East
Lecture Hall. We will serve fresh Hampshire Farm popcorn!!!

Monday February 20th: There will be a dinner with Curt in the Tavern at
5:00-7:00 on Monday the 20th, followed by a talk and discussion in the FPH main
lecture hall at 7:30!

-The dinner is meant to be a more intimate space for Hampshire students to eat
with Curt, and have the opportunity to talk with him one on one. Please reach
out to fellow Hampshire students and inform them of this really incredible
opportunity! There will be delicious food, most of which will be local! LFI
will be cooking a lot of the meal, so I will follow up with an outline of the
menu, as well as information for those who would like to help cook.

-Then of course, Curt will be giving a talk in the FPH main lecture hall:
"Growing Forward: A New Vision for Food and Farming" followed by a Q&A. This
event will be open to the Five Colleges!

A few more details about a Tuesday brunch to be solidified very soon. I will
update you shortly!

Thanks so much,

Hope to see you all at these really exciting events!

Best,

Marleigh