[Newleaf] *Practical Tools for Resource Conflict: A Workshop *

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Fri Dec 7 18:04:12 EST 2012

Hey New Leaf,

You should all check this out and consider signing up.  This workshop
is being put on by Div III student Marushka Grogan.

Josh

*Practical Tools for Resource Conflict: A Workshop *

To the Hampshire College Community:

We are pleased to announce a four-hour, community-wide water workshop on
Tuesday, January 22nd. The workshop?s goal is to provide participants

with practical tools to address conflicts arising from competitive
struggles over access to water in the face of a changing climate and
competing human uses. We also hope to devise ways to incorporate these
themes into classes, workshops, and events across the college.

Workshop participants will engage in a water conflict negotiation
resolution and analyze the outcome. At the end of the workshop,
participants will receive copies of the materials necessary to run the
workshop and will have the opportunity to explore further collaborations
with other workshop participants. Lunch will be provided.

We hope to attract a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and
community members interested in issues related to conflict over water
resources. If you are interested in participating in this workshop, please
email Marushka Grogan at mrg09 at hampshire.edu to sign up. Please also
include a few sentences stating your interest and what you hope to gain
from attending. As this workshop has a limited number of participants, we
encourage you to reserve your place as soon as possible. We look forward to
working with you.

Sincerely,

Christina Cianfrani, Hampshire College Associate Professor of Hydrology

Michael Klare, Five College Professor of Peace & World Security Studies

Marushka Grogan, Hampshire College Student