[Newleaf] sustainability pledge idea

Rebecca Simone Siegel rss07 at hampshire.edu
Wed Jun 29 06:30:40 EDT 2011

Hi folks,
I hope that you're all having lovely summers.  I had an idea the other day and
was wondering what people think of it:

What if there was some kind of sustainability pledge that got sent out (maybe
by email) to incoming students.  It could have a bunch of things on it like not
bringing a mini fridge, bringing your own water bottle instead of buying
bottled water, buying used things, turning off lights and power strips, biking
a lot at hampshire, etc).  Maybe there could be a list of things (maybe 5 or
so?), and students could sign on to some or all of them.  They could get a
sticker that says "I took the hampshire sustainability pledge" or something if
they sign on.

what do you all think?

-Rebecca