[Newleaf] Fwd: "Scarred Lands/Wounded Lives: The Environmental Footprint of War" -- please co-sponsor

Ilana Rossoff igr08 at hampshire.edu
Mon Nov 8 21:22:25 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: marty nathan <martygjf at comcast.net>
Date: Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Subject: "Scarred Lands/Wounded Lives: The Environmental Footprint of War"
-- please co-sponsor
To: Ilana Rossoff <igr08 at hampshire.edu>

 *"The environment remains war's 'silent casualty." -- Website, "Scarred
Lands/Wounded Lives: The Environemental Footprint of War"*

Dear Friends,

On *Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 7 pm* the Alliance for Peace and Justice
with the Environmental Studies Department of Smith College will be
presenting the award-winning film, "*Scarred Lands/Wounded Lives: The
Environmental Footprint of War*" by filmmakers Alice and Lincoln Day. The
film will be aired in *106 Seelye Hall, Smith College*. We invite your
organization to become a co-sponsor of the event in order to help maximize
the exposure of this important topic to our community.

Featuring  Lester Brown, President, Earth Policy Institute; Lt. General
Robert Gard, Jr. (USA, Ret.), Senior Military Fellow, Veterans for
America; David
Jensen, United Nations Environment Programme, Division of Environmental
Policy Implementation, Post Conflict Branch; Thomas E. Lovejoy, President,
The Heinz Center for Science, Economics, and the Environment and Founder,
PBS Series "Nature" and many other top international experts on war and the
environment, the film is a comprehensive expose of the real devastation of
our planet by war and war-making.