[NERDug-list] JOB: Colleague Admin

Wheeler, Erik ewheeler at champlain.edu
Thu Aug 25 13:17:39 EDT 2016

Systems Manager (Colleague Administrator)

The Enterprise Systems team at Champlain College is seeking an experienced
Colleague administrator. Our collaborative team provides implementation,
support, analysis, and consulting for all the College’s campus-wide
applications, including Colleague. If you have experience with Colleague,
and excellent customer service and communication skills, we’d like to hear
from you!

Responsibilities:

- Primary system administrator for Colleague.

- Act as primary resource for user questions about Colleague. Research or
contact support about questions as necessary, and add to team’s
knowledgebase.

- Participate in gathering and documenting requirements for improving
efficiency in business processes through configuration and customizations.

- Act as primary point of contact with contractor for custom programming.

- Stay informed on Colleague best practices and new features.

- Manage timeline, communication, system updates performed by
Infrastructure team.

- Write and maintain internal documentation about the team’s processes,
configurations, and customizations in Colleague.

Required skills:

- Diligent, detail-oriented work style.

- Excellent customer service.

- Good time management skills.

- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.

- Curiosity and drive to learn as much as possible about Colleague and
improve our use and implementation of Colleague.

- Ability to schedule work effectively to complete work scheduled for
2-week “sprints” (Agile methodology).

Desired skills:

- Experience with Unidata and Uniquery.

- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.

- Basic knowledge of writing SQL.

- Knowledge of implementing and updating ELF import processes.

- Ability to write and modify subroutines that produce output to a screen.

Apply at:
http://www.champlain.edu/prospective-employees/employment-opportunities

or email résumé to:  dhutchinson at champlain.edu