[NERDug-list] Move to Student versus Enrolled student dataus

Registrar Registrar registrar at keuka.edu
Wed May 28 12:03:52 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

   We're in a situation where our Admissions department doesn't want
incoming applicants to be identified as "enrolled" i.e. "registered" once
we preform the "move to student" process on SRCR.  Admissions would prefer
them to be at some "other" status, not "MS", which would still allow
Student Affairs and the Reg Office etc. to continue on with their work in
the student module, but still allow reporting to reflect that those
students were in the process of moving from applicants to
students.  Admissions is looking for a very clear and clean cut definition
both systematically and in the reports, between an "enrolled student" that
has a full live registration and an "accepted, deposited, applicant with
intent to come."  Has anyone else had experience with this kind
of situation?  We're a Colleague school, but our new Director of Admissions
was previously a Banner user and said that the process in that system was
considerably cleaner.  Any thoughts or observations would be helpful.
Thanks very much!

Sincerely,

Ethan R Powell
Assistant Registrar
Keuka College

--
Registrar's Office
Keuka College

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain
confidential information which is privileged and protected from disclosure
by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules or regulations. This
e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee
only. If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its
attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal
consequences. If you have received this e-mail and attachments in error,
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments.