[Jewish] Join the JSU this weekend!

Alyssa Coffey alc17 at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 20 21:26:38 EDT 2018

Good evening everyone!

It was lovely to see so many people the past few weeks for our holiday
events. We have another busy holiday weekend coming up — stop by to see
your friends, make new friends, and celebrate with us.

Friday, September 21
MLR 5 PM   Dinner with JSU
MLR  5:50 PM.   Meet to travel to JCA (Jewish Community of Amherst) for
a Musical Shabbat Service! This is a very joyous service and a wonderful
way to head into the weekend.

Saturday, September 22
7:00 PM - Meet in the MLR for havdallah (ceremony marking the end of
shabbat and the beginning of a new week) on the library lawn.

Sunday, September 23
MLR  1:30-5 -  SUKKAH decorating!! Gather cornstalks and gourds and
flowers at the Farm and decorate the Sukkah. A sukkah is a temporary
structure built for Sukkot, a Jewish harvest festival. Come join in for
as long as you can!  Drop-ins are welcome!

Kosher Kitchen (Merrill Living Room) 12-3
BAKING COOKIES FOR COMPASSION. Drop in for as long as you want and help
Amelia bake cookies!

Sunday 5:30 PM - Sukkah (Merrill-Dakin courtyard)
Dinner in the Sukkah, Sukkot blessings and singing/music in the sukkah!
Bring instruments and a friend!

Everybody is welcome to all events — you don’t have to be Jewish to
enjoy Shabbat and Sukkot, one of Judaism’s many ecologically-themed
holidays!

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have. You can

Wishing you all the best,
Al