[Jewish] Chanukkah 5779/This Week with the JSU

Alyssa Coffey alc17 at hampshire.edu
Sun Dec 2 08:14:42 EST 2018

Hello Hampshire JSU!

Chanukkah begins tonight! Lots of celebration is happening in and around
our JSU:

>From EVERY EVENING OF THE HOLIDAY beginning tonight until next Sunday
(12/9), there will be CHANUKKAH CANDLE LIGHTING WITH BLESSINGS IN THE
MERRILL LIVING ROOM AT 5:30.

On WEDNESDAY 12/5 AT 5:30, we will have our regular JSU PLANNING MEETING
with candle lighting and dinner.

On FRIDAY 12/7 AT 5:30, we will have our JSU CHANUKKAH CELEBRATION! This
will combine Chanukkah candles and foods (latkes, sufganiyot/jelly
donuts) with shabbat.

Other events of interest this week:

The SMITH COLLEGE JEWISH COMMUNITY has graciously opened their Chanukah
Party to the five-college community. It is on SATURDAY 12/8 AT 7:30.
More information here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2341826026046215/.

Hampshire's Multifaith council is hosting their second MULTIFAITH FEAST
on SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9 IN THE MLR AT 6:00. The theme is Sharing Songs --
all are welcome to share/perform a religious or secular song important
to their lives. We will be discussing the spiritual importance of music
in our lives.
As always, everyone is welcome to all JSU functions, regardless of
religious background.

Light and warmth,
Al Coffey