[Jewish] Friday!

Liza Neal lmnSA at hampshire.edu
Thu Dec 11 10:05:21 EST 2014

If you attended the “Hands Up Walk Out” rally and/or provided resources for
students protesting with the community, thank you for your support.
However, the fight for justice and equity is not over. Black and Brown
lives are continuously lost every single day due to police brutality and
abuse, overall White supremacy.

Finals for students may end and “vacation” for the Hampshire community will
begin this week but the murders, police brutality, victim blaming of Mike
Brown, Eric Gardner, Aiyana Jones and many others continues.The people have
said “this is a movement, not a moment”.

*Therefore on Friday, December 12th, the Holyoke community plans to let the
rest of the world know the fight has just begun with the march/rally “From
Ferguson to NYC to HOLYOKE: BLACK & BROWN LIVES MATTER".*

We can not be silent in this struggle, because silence is a sign of
conformity. Our president, Jonathan Lash called for the Hampshire community
to work towards an “Anti-racist” community so, *we strongly encourage you
to show the students and the rest of the community, that we can do this
together. Please join Decolonize Media Collective in supporting Ferguson,
the Holyoke Community and the rest of the world in demanding justice for
Black and Brown lives. Starting at 3:00PM, we are going make our presence
known and voices heard as we march from Holyoke High School and rally at
the UCC.* There will be speakers and poetry performances at the rally. We
need your support, energy and presence, *we strongly encourage you to share
this event in your classes, meetings, with your colleagues, friends and
folks in the area.*

*What*: Black and Brown Lives Matter March/ Rally against police brutality

*When*: THIS Friday December 12, 2014

*Where*: Career point

*Why:* Black and Brown lives are still being taken away from the community,
the victims, our community is being targeted and blamed for their deaths
and Black and Brown communities are being blamed for uprising

*What else*: WEAR ALL BLACK to support, specifically WARM CLOTHES. Bring an
umbrella just in case (don’t let the weather affect your energy)

Drink water or other liquids as chanting can make your throat hurt. *Voices
should be LOUD and energies should be HIGH.*

Feel free to share the flier that is attached. If you have any questions
you can directly reply to this email or ask Chris Tinson. Thank you

Signed,

Decolonize Media Collective