[Jewish] FRIDAY: student-led sing-in shabbat service plus Zoe's home-cooked latkes, ALL WELCOME!

Michelle Lifson mbl11 at hampshire.edu
Wed Dec 10 11:35:05 EST 2014

hey all you people,

whether you're all done with your work (congrats!) or still slogging
through (you can do it!), come on out for some relaxation and good cheer
with the Jewish Student Union @ Hampshire College! [1]

THIS FRIDAY (12/12) will mark our final Shabbat of the year/semester! &,
as a little pre-Chanukah treat, we'll be making LATKES! -- for those of
you not in the know, this means delicious fried
potato-or-other-vegetable pancakes that are oh so good....

come on out to the MERRILL LIVING ROOM at

5:30 PM for our SING-IN SHABBAT SERVICE,
wherein we welcome in the weekly Jewish day of rest with a bit of
ritual, ruach (spirit), and song. no need to be familiar with
Judaism/Hebrew/whatever -- just gather with us and soak up the good
vibes!

then stay with us at
6:00 PM for our DELICIOUS HOMECOOKED DINNER -- latkes! oy! enjoy
wonderful wonderful food made with love by our very own JSU Cooking
Crew****, share in lighthearted and fun conversation, reflection, and
shmoozing.

come for either/both!

--- NEVER DONE SHABBAT BEFORE? NO WORRIES! ---
we strive to create an inclusive space that'll feel warm and welcoming
regardless of whatever "level" of Jewish involvement/identity (if any!)
you may have.

GIVE IT A TRY!
ALL ARE WELCOME!!!
bring your friends, eat with us!

*** INTERESTED IN COOKING? talk to Elena (erz10 at hamp) or Zoe
(zgs10 at hamp)! it's half of the fun!

Hope to see you all there!

Love,

The JSU <3