[Jewish] Fwd: A great opportunity for Jewish students in the arts

Rachel Rubinstein rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 27 12:45:33 EDT 2012

----- Forwarded message from Rachel Levinson <rachel at g-dcast.com> -----
    Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:53:25 -0800
    From: Rachel Levinson <rachel at g-dcast.com>
 Subject: A great opportunity for Jewish students in the arts
      To: rrHACU at hampshire.edu

*Hello,

I’m Rachel. I’m writing you from a non profit organization called G-dcast
(it rhymes with podcast) which is dedicated to basic Jewish literacy. Think
“Schoolhouse Rock” for the Torah.

We are looking for 12 students to join Studio G-dcast, a summer
storytelling and filmmaking residency in San Francisco this August
12th-17th. More details are in the poster attached and on our site at:

http://www.g-dcast.com/studio
<http://www.g-dcast.com/studio>
We will bring student animators and storytellers passionate about Jewish
culture to our host site - the Contemporary Jewish Museum - to collaborate
on the adaptation of classic Jewish texts into short films. These films
will be screened by our worldwide partners in classrooms, festivals and of
course, online.

We’re sending this info your way because we hope you know undergrad or grad
students who would be interested in this opportunity. If so, we’d love for
you to do any of the following:

-Print out our poster (attached) and hang it up on an opportunity bulletin
board
-Post about Studio G-dcast on your organization’s blog or newsletter
-Pass this along to instructors who teach interested students
-Circulate the info among class lists or announce the residency to your
classes
-Forward to the admin team in related departments (Visual Arts, English,
Judaic Studies)

More questions? Visit the Studio G-dcast FAQ
page<http://www.g-dcast.com/studio-faq>
. <https://godcast.wufoo.com/forms/z7x3k1/> To learn more about G-dcast’s
animation work or the Studio G-dcast residency, contact Marketing Manager
Allie Wollner at allie at g-dcast.com.

- The G-dcast Team*

----- End forwarded message -----

Rachel Rubinstein
Associate Professor of American Literature and Jewish Studies
Dean of Academic Support and Advising
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5821