[Jewish] today!

Liza Neal lneal at hampshire.edu
Fri Apr 20 10:21:28 EDT 2012

5th Annual Hampshire Integrative Health Fair 12n-3p Library Lawn:
Acupuncture! Massages! Smoothies! Reiki! Herbs!! Bodywork! Bellydance!
Hoola Hooping!!

A dozen practitioners will be on campus to share their talents, talk
about their craft, and allow us all to experience the joys of health and
wellness in this time of changing weather and hectic academic
pursuits!!  As And from 1p-4:30p in the South Lounge of the RCC:

 From Bodywork to Bellydance: Three Fabulous Workshops to Delight Mind,
Body, and Soul
All identities welcome

Local Teacher and Hampshire Alum Jericha Senyak (www.jerichasenyak.com)
will lead an exploration of the deep awareness of the muscles used in
belldyance as a method for overcoming shame, traum, and body-negative
experiences centered in the belly and pelvis.  We'll work with awesome
global fusion music, a long warmup, and a hefty dollop of humor to put
ourselves in touch with parts of our body that we usually shut up or
shut down.

For a different take on bodylove, come learn about self-care techniques
from dancer, farmer, and Hampshire alum Lydia Irons!  Lydia is a
licensed massage therapist who runs the Flexible Farmer
(www.theflexiblefarmer.com), a massage and consulting practice that
specializes in Bodywork for the Working Body.  As someone who really
knows what it's like to rely on her body as a tool for both work and
self-expression, Lydia's tips, tricks and techniques are invaluable -
and fun!

Renowned local dancer, teacher, and performer Sahina
(www.sahinabellydance.com) will lead an encounter with the fundamentals
of technique and an introduction to the music and rhythms common to many
of the distinctive styles of Middle Eastern dance.  Fun, expressive, and
body-positive, this class will have you walking home with a shimmy in
your step and a new musicality ringing in your ears.  Open to all levels
of experience

Jericha, Lydia, and Sahina are all local dancers, teachers, and
practitioners who share a love of helping people develop and care for
health, expressive, hard-working bodies in all shapes and sizes!  Ask
them questions any time!