[Jewish] July Social Action Interfaith Opportunity!

Rachel Schoenfeld rschoenfeld at hampshire.edu
Wed May 11 16:04:55 EDT 2011

Hell,

A few years ago, I staffed this amazing program - this year, they are
looking for more college age participants!  Let me know if I can tell
you more!

Rachel

* July 10-17^th at Brandeis University, we will be having the first ever
Interfaith Youth Intitative (IFYI)College-Age program!*

The IFYI  - Interfaith Youth Initiative - College-Age program will train
you as an interfaith leader- someone who can go back to your campus, and
inspire others to serve, make peace, build bridges, and engage
faith.This interfaith program connects you with people of other
traditions, AND deepens your own faith tradition. There is no more
critical time to build up such leaders than now.

As an IFYI participant, you will explore and embrace your own leadership
and peacemaking styles, becoming agents of positive social
transformation in your schools, communities, and congregations. IFYI
offers a dynamic mix of community building, fun social activities,
workshops, service experiences, and learning trips which engage urban
and suburban realities.  Participants express their visions of faith,
justice, and peace through visual art, poetry/spoken word, theological
reflection, dance, drama, and film.

All are welcome at IFYI!  Participants and staff come from diverse
religious backgrounds and grow more deeply in their own religious
traditions through dialogue and interaction with others.

Attached is a brochures for the new college-age IFYI program!You can
also find these brochures online at www.coopmet.org
<http://www.coopmet.org/> , or email ifyi at coopmet.org
<mailto:ifyi at coopmet.org> for brochures, application forms, and the like.

Do email or call the CMM/IFYI office if you have any questions about the
2011 IFYI program (ifyi at coopmet.org <mailto:ifyi at coopmet.org>;
617-244-3650).We would love to hear from you!

Looking forward to an amazing IFYI with you this summer.Peace,

Alexander Levering KernMatt Carriker

IFYI Director, akern at coopmet.org <mailto:akern at coopmet.org>IFYI Program
Coordinator, ifyi at coopmet.org <mailto:ifyi at coopmet.org>