[Jewish] Judaism and Mental Health TONIGHT

Maia Campbell mac08 at hampshire.edu
Thu Apr 14 17:06:17 EDT 2011

BSD

*TONIGHT at 6:30pm in the MAIN LECTURE HALL*

Shais Taub: Author. Lecturer. Mental Health Worker. Orthodox Jew. Rabbi...

Rabbi Shais Taub is a popular scholar and teacher of Jewish mysticism whose
contributions to Jewish recovery include authoring the bestselling book,
/G-d of Our Understanding: Jewish Spirituality and Recovery from Addiction/
which was lauded by Jewish recovery pioneer, Rabbi Dr. Abraham J. Twerski.

National Public Radio dubbed Rabbi Taub "an expert in Jewish mysticism and
the Twelve Steps" for his work as co-founder and -director at the Jewish
recovery community in Milwaukee.

recovery at Hampshire College, Rabbi Taub's experiences bring a relevant and
pertinent perspective to the Hampshire community and the Valley at large.

This event is co-sponsored by: Spiritual Life, Student Life, Community
Health Collaborative, Health Services, Merrill Interns, Prescott Interns,
and the Jewish Student Union.

In light of the recent loss of Ross Scott OBM (F08), we will be dedicating
this event in his honor.