[Jewish] Jewish Organizing Initiative year-long fellowships available in Boston for next year!

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 3 14:22:24 EST 2010

*Want to change the world? Organize!* The Jewish Organizing Initiative
(JOI) is accepting applications for our year-long, paid fellowship
program in Boston. JOI builds a vibrant, pluralistic community of Jewish
young adults (ages 21-30) who learn the theory and practice of community
organizing, explore their Jewish identity together, and become leaders
in the pursuit of social justice. JOI fellows are placed in jobs that
address a wide range of issues, including the environment, civil rights,
health care, and interfaith work. For more information, visit
www.jewishorganizing.org <http://www.jewishorganizing.org/>, write
rherst at jewishorganizing.org <mailto:rherst at jewishorganizing.org>, or
call (617) 350-9994. Application due March 12^th .

Eve Young

Program Volunteer

Jewish Organizing Initiative

99 Chauncy Street, 6th Floor

Boston, MA 02111

(617) 350-9994

rherst at jewishorganizing.org <mailto:rherst at jewishorganizing.org>

www.jewishorganizing.org <http://www.jewishorganizing.org/>

*

*

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire
College

Office of Spiritual Life – Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. /

/ /

/“It also became clear to me that in regard to cruelties committed in
the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/ /

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel