[Jewish] Gathering for Conservative-affiliated college students on Jews and Public Policy in March

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 3 13:46:19 EST 2010

By now most of you should be aware of this year's *KOACH* Kallah, March
4-7, at the Pearlstone Conference and Retreat Center outside of
Baltimore.  Our very exciting lineup focuses on Setting the Agenda:
Jews and Public Policy and features Rabbi Leonard Gordon of the
Germantown Jewish Centre in Philadelphia and co-chair of the USCJ
Committee on Public Policy and Social Action.  This conference is a
great opportunity for students who would enjoy inspiring conversation,
service to the community and a breathtaking Shabbat.  Information and
registration are available at www.koach.org <http://www.koach.org/> --
and I'm also happy to answer any questions.

It would be wonderful if you could personally recommend this to your
emerging leaders, to folks who are usually responsible for creating
Shabbat for others and could use some nurturing and really, anyone who
would enjoy the spirited learning environment.

Registration is $250, but we just received a grant which brings the cost
down to $150 for the first twenty students who let me know that you sent
them with this very scholarship in mind.

Know that we will send them back to you with renewed energy and enthusiasm!

Elyse

--
Rabbi Elyse Winick
Associate Director for *KOACH*

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire
College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. /

/ /

/"It also became clear to me that in regard to cruelties committed in
the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/ /

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel