[Jewish] [Mindful Torah] Psalm for Friday - Psalm 93, vs. 1

Rabbi Steven Nathan mindfultorah at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 13:58:04 EDT 2010

The Eternal reigns; God is clothed in majesty; The Eternal is clothed,
God has girded God's self with strength; yes, the world is established,
that it cannot be moved.

Since I still need to post a Torah commentary for Shabbat I will keep
this brief.

In looking at this verse I am simply reminded of the eternal nature and
the oneness of the Divine. The created worlds, including we imperfect
humans, are the majestic clothing of the Divine. The ebb and flow of
the divine energy through humanity, the world and back to God ad
infinitum is the girding of strength. The world is one with God. We are
one with God. Creation is one with God. The essence of Divinity is
unity. That is the essence of the world. That is what is, was and will
be established. That is what will never change. If we humans would only
remember this more often there would be far less suffering in the world!

--
Posted By Rabbi Steven Nathan to Mindful Torah at 4/23/2010 01:58:00 PM