[Jewish] Gay Jewish author Judah Leblang shares his stories over lunch - Friday April 23 at noon

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 20 00:07:56 EDT 2010

Join us as author and radio commentator Judah Leblang shares excerpts
from his new book of  essays "Finding My Place" about his journey as a
gay Jewish man from  Cleveland to Boston.  Hampshire Merrill Living Room
12:00 noon.

Go to
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116563215029090#!/event.php?eid=116563215029090&ref=mf
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116563215029090#%21/event.php?eid=116563215029090&ref=mf>
for more information.  Please pass this along to other friends at
Hampshire, the other colleges or elsewhere in the community.

Shalom/Salaam,

spn

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire
College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. /

/ /

/"It also became clear to me that in regard to cruelties committed in
the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/ /

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel