[Jewish] YOM KIPPUR SCHEDULE FOR 5769 (2008)

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 22 20:07:54 EDT 2009

We still need help in the following areas:  leading prayers, Torah or
Haftarah, cooking, & setting up for meals, !   E-mail Rabbi Steve ASAP
@ snathan at hampshire.edu if you want to help plan, participate, cook,
etc.    For our first High Holy Day services to be a success we need as
many people as possible to participate.

Please remember, all members of the Hampshire community and guests are
welcome.  So please feel free to invite non-Jewish friends to join you
at any time.
*

*_*YOM KIPPUR
*_*Sunday Sept. 27
5:00 PM pre-fast dinner
6:15 PM Kol Nidre (evening) Services

Monday Sept. 28 10:00 AM
Yom Kippur morning services

*_*-    All the above will be held in the Faculty Lounge on  2nd  Floor
of FPH.

*_*Merrill Living Room will be available all afternoon on Yom Kippur for
relaxing together. Everything below will also be in the Merrill Living
Room.*_*
*_*
5:00 PM  -- Yom Kippur Text Study and Meditation
6:15 -- Neilah (concluding) service (combination of traditional and
contemporary)
7:15 -- Sound the Shofar, Havdallah and Break-the-Fast Meal
*_*
*_And watch your e-mail for Sukkot events after this.  The Sukkah will
be in the Merrill Quad this year and there will be plenty of
opportunities to celebrate in it!  WE will be decorating it on Thursday
10/1 at 4:30 pm and we will have our annual "Sushi (and more) in the
Sukkah on Wed. Oct. 7 at 5:00.

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel/