[Jewish] Israeli and Palestinian peace activists at UMass, March 5th - AFTER the Brian Walt lecture here!

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 4 17:53:19 EST 2009

*One Million Voices for Peace in the Middle East

*Israeli and Palestinian peace activists from the international
grassroots "OneVoice Movement" will speak in support of a two-state
solution and an end to the violence.

"OneVoice" logo in English, Arabic, Hebrew
*
Thursday, March 5th at 7:30pm
Cape Cod Lounge, Student Union Building
UMass Amherst*
Free, open to the public, and wheelchair accessible.

The "OneVoice Movement" is an international grassroots movement with
over 640,000 signatories in roughly equal numbers in Israel and in
Palestine, and 1,800 highly-trained youth leaders. It aims to amplify
the voice of the overwhelming but heretofore silent majority of
moderates who wish for peace and prosperity, empowering them to demand
accountability from elected representatives and work toward a two-state
solution guaranteeing an end to occupation and violence, and a viable,
independent Palestinian state at peace with Israel.

Sponsored by the UMass Office of Jewish Affairs, Student Alliance for
Israel, Muslim Students Association, Arab Students Club, Muslim Public
Affairs Council, and the local chapter of Brit Tzedek v'Shalom: The
Jewish Alliance for Justice and Peace.

More information available online at:
http://www.umass.edu/jewish/programs/onevoice/

The poster can be downloaded from
http://www.umass.edu/jewish/pdf/OneVoice_poster.pdf

--
Larry Goldbaum, Director
Office of Jewish Affairs

www.umass.edu/jewish
goldbaum at admin.umass.edu
(413)545-9642

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life – Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel/