[Jewish] ATTEND HAZON CONFERENCE ON HAZON CONFERENCE ON FOOD AND HUNGER FOR FREE! RESPONSE NEEDED ASAP!

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Wed Dec 2 14:56:36 EST 2009

I just received this from national Hillel.  As a Soref (small) campus
our students can attend this fantastic conference for free.  Please
contact them ASAP if you are interested.

I wanted to make sure that you guys didn't miss out on this chance to
come to the Hazon Food Conference for FREE. The conference is just a few
weeks away, but you can still fill out this short application and get
funding to join us as we take pickling classes, walk on the beach and
learn with rabbis, farmers, chefs, food policy activists and others in
California. Omnivore or vegan, kosher-keeper or bacon-eater - you're
warmly invited!

*Hillel Soref Initiative Scholarship*
Through the generous support of the Hillel Soref Initiative, Hazon is
able to offer full scholarships for 10 college students who attend a
Soref Affiliated campus
<http://www.hillel.org/HillelApps/JLOC/samSearch.aspx?q=all> to
participate in the Hazon Food Conference or selected small schools. The
scholarship will cover all program fees and housing expenses; while
recipients will be responsible for travel to and from the conference.
Please contact Brooke at hazon.org <mailto:Brooke at hazon.org> for questions
or more information.

best,
Avigail
--
Avigail Hurvitz-Prinz
Food Programs Associate

Hazon | 45 West 36 Street, 8 Floor
New York, NY 10018
tel: 212 644 2332 ext 307 | fax: 212 868 7933
www.hazon.org <http://www.hazon.org> | www.jcarrot.org
<http://www.jcarrot.org>

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire
College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. /

/ /

/"It also became clear to me that in regard to cruelties committed in
the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/ /

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel