[Jewish] Yom Haatzmaut Celebration at UMass tomorrow (Wednesday)

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 28 22:59:32 EDT 2009

For those who are interested, I'm passing along a reminder from the
UMass Israel Fellow Dana Golan:

Just a reminder that the Yom Haatzmaut Celebration/Israel Fair is this
Wednesday at 4:00-7:00p next to the pond lawn at Umass.

FREE Kosher BBQ, Live music, Henna, Moon Bounce, Tie-dye, Belly Dancing,
Israeli Folk dancing, Chukka's, Volley ball net, frizbiz and lots of
Humus, Bamba and FUN!!!

This year Tel-Aviv is celebrating 100 years so this is going to be the
theme of it. we will information about Israel available.
--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel/