[Jewish] New Play about Israel and Palestine-Reading This Thursday!!

Sharon Rose Goldberg srg04 at hampshire.edu
Mon May 12 10:36:31 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I would like to invite you all to the last reading of my new play,
Storms in Jaffa, this Thursday at 7:00pm in the FPH East Lecture Hall.
It's free, accessible, and open to the public--part of the Div III
showcase.

Like the port city of Jaffa was for so many centuries, Storms in Jaffa
is an entryway for conversation about Israel and Palestine and the very
complicated and very personal issues of the conflict. It's based on my
research in and on Tel Aviv and Jaffa, and it includes Greek heroes,
biblical prophets, soldiers, clowns, quests, true love, vicious
monsters, Americans, Israelis, and Palestinians. And it's a comedy!

It's really a lot of fun, and I hope you can make it!

See you soon,

Sharon

PS: As some of you know, I lucked out and got a fellowship to work for
social justice in Israel for the next year, so I'm moving back to Jaffa
in July. My apartment has a guest room and I'm happy to be a contact for
any Hampshire students traveling to Israel and Palestine over the next
two years. I can also help hook you up with great organizations who need
your English writing skills and other cool things to do. Please don't
hesitate! --S