[Jewish] looking for Hebrew tutor

Madeleine Atkins Cohen mac03 at hampshire.edu
Mon Jan 14 18:55:00 EST 2008

Dear all,

 I'm a recent Hamp grad, living in Greenfield MA and working at the Yiddish Book
Center--and I've been looking for ways to start learning Hebrew. I've just
applied to grad school for comparative literature and I'm hoping to get a head
start on learning the language that is somewhat central to Jewish studies...If
anyone is interested in tutoring me, or knows someone who might be, or has any
other ideas on venues for beginning Hebrew study or where else I might ask
(I've already tried UMass classes with little success), I would be very
grateful. I'd be willing to exchange German or Yiddish language instruction or
good old monetary compensation. Write me at mindlcohen at gmail.com if you're
interested!

Hope you are all having a good Jan term,
Mandy Cohen

(PS-I hope no one considers this an inappropriate use of the list! Apologies if
so)