[Jewish] Ethnographic Project

Mike Wolf mrw07 at hampshire.edu
Sat Feb 23 13:50:54 EST 2008

Hi, my name is Mike Wolf and I have a request I would like to make of those
involved in the JSU. This semester I am taking a course in ethnography, and
have to do a cultural study. Ethnography focuses on learning about a culture
by involving oneself into that culture. So, what this project would mean is
that I would be jotting down notes now and then during events (such as the
weekly Shabbat dinners) and may ask some questions pertaining to my
research. I do not want to be disrespectful to anyone, so I will not be
taking notes during services. If anyone is uncomfortable with me doing this
PLEASE let me know by e-mailing me at mrw07 at hampshire.edu . I need to have a
verbal on-going consent with everyone involved, and if you ever at any point
feel uncomfortable with me doing this research, please let me know either in
person or by sending me an e-mail. Also, if there are any questions, once
again feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Mike