[Jewish] Campus-wide FOOD Jewish Organizing Meeting FOOD Next Tuesday 2/12 FOOD

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 7 16:13:12 EST 2008

This coming Tuesday 2/12 @ 5:30 PM in the Spiritual Life Center there
will be an all-community FOOD organizing meeting for the  those
interested in Jewish life on campus FOOD!  Whether you're Jewish or not,
if you're interested in Jewish life FOOD and/or Israel-related issues
you should come to this meeting FOOD!  We will discuss programs for the
coming year and find out who would like to do what and who can help plan
and organize FOOD!

The kinds of programs we'd like to plan include social , religious ,
social action/Tikun Olam (repairing the world)  and Israel-related
programs.  OH, and did I mention that there will be FOOD at the
meeting?  Yes, there will be a veggie dinner from Fresh Side for all
those in attendance.

So if you're interested, please attend.  If you know others who might be
interested and aren't on the JSU or UPZ e-mail lists (especially new
students), let them know as well.  And if you're interested in getting
involved, but can't make the meeting please e-mail me and let me know.

On behalf of myself and all the JSU and UPZ signers, I look forward to
seeing you there!

B'shalom,

Steve Nathan

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi and

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-6234

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel