[Jewish] Fwd: voting prayer 2008

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 5 12:52:21 EST 2008

Dear all,
I thought this email, from Rabbi David Seidenberg of Northampton, might be
interesting and of use! Don't forget to vote. --RR

----- Forwarded message from David Seidenberg <rebduvid86 at gmail.com> -----
    Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:40:08 -0500
    From: David Seidenberg <rebduvid86 at gmail.com>
 Subject: voting prayer 2008
      To: David Seidenberg <rebduvid86 at hotmail.com>

Dear N'ham Chevre,

A revision of the popular voting prayer is available on
Neohasid.org. You may find it useful today!

Go to the home page or to "http://neohasid.org/resources/
votingprayer/". For the first time the prayer includes Hebrew with vowels.
(It also includes an alternate wording for the primaries.) I can
promise that most of the vowels are correct, but I will be looking for
corrections from readers in time for the next set of primaries!

I thought the Patriots game was going to be a bigger source of
inspiration than the primary, but I'm actually excited about the
candidates we are likely to end up with. One footnote: I am not
endorsing either Clinton or Obama (and I support both), but I do want
to say this: I have done some investigation of the campaign to portray
Obama as anti-Israel, and as far as I can tell it's a right-wing smear
campaign without mamashiut, without substance to it.

I hate to see Jewish people being manipulated in this way. May we find
the highest ground to support whomever we vote for.

May I also ask you to forward any of this information about Friday night's
Chasidishe davening and Feb 13th's Kabbalah class to apporpriate folks:

Friday night at CBI: Chasidishe davening led by Rabbi David Seidenberg
founder of the first Chasidic egalitarian minyan in 1995. Service starts
6PM. Expect nigunim (tunes) you know and new ones you've never heard.
You can listen to some of the nigunim that might be used on neohasid.org,
David's website.

Wed Feb 13th: Intro to Kabbalah for Beginners and Mystics, 7:30PM at CBI
A five session series that will give you a grounding in the history of Kabbalah
and its literary genres, and a taste of some of its meditation practices. Led
by Rabbi David Seidenberg, who holds a PhD in Kabbalah from Jewish
Thoelogical Seminary and ordination from Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi.

Congregation Bnai Israel (CBI) is at 253 Prospect Street.

Thank you for your help.

May the spirit of these Super Tuesday primaries be
more in the spirit of Pesach liberation than Adar comedy, though Adar
is about to begin!

David

----- End forwarded message -----

Rachel Rubinstein
Jeremiah Kaplan Visiting Assistant Professor of Jewish American Literature and
Culture
School of Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5518