[Jewish] IMPORTANT: Registration for new progressive Zionist Birthright trip opens today!

Rabbi Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 6 12:35:15 EDT 2007

As the new Campus Rabbi I'm pleased to make this announcement my first posting
to the SAFI and JSA lists. I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

L'shanah tovah,

Steve Nathan

Announcement from Brit Tzedek v'Shalom:

I'm delighted to report to you that the New Israel Fund and the Union
of Progressive Zionists working with IsraelExperts is creating a new
Israel experience to be supported by Birthright.  Discover Israel: Peace,
Pluralism, and Social Justice is a free 10-day Taglit-Birthright Israel
trip for those looking to experience Israel's beauty and complexities,
while gaining a deeper understanding of the challenges facing Israel
today.

Registration for this trip opens TODAY.  Please sign up immediately before the
trip, before the trip
is closed. Go to http://www.israelexperts.com/register.html .

Rabbi Steven P. Nathan
Campus Rabbi
Office of Spiritual Life - SA

(413) 559-5282
snathan at hampshire.edu

"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the more
powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets sought to
convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern one must feel for
the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to me that in regard to
cruelties committed in the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are
responsible."
-Abraham Joshua Heschel