[Jewish] New Weekly Jewish Activities on-Campus start after October Break

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 2 12:51:08 EDT 2007

I just wanted to make everyone aware of great new weekly activities that
will be happening on campus beginning October 10 (after October break).
You can always check out the Spiritual Life calendar on the intranet for
more info - or go to Student Affairs - Spiritual Life - Jewish Life on
Campus as well (though I'm still in the process of getting that page up
and running).

So, here's what's happening starting OCTOBER 10  - which means the first
Tuesday will be October 16 - (and make sure to let any interested
friends know, whether or not they are Jewish):

TUESDAYS
*12:00 -? - Shulkhan Ivrit/Hebrew Table* - in the middle dining room at
SAGA. A chance to talk in Hebrew over lunch. If you're not on the meal
plan, just let Roberta know and we'll take care of the cost of lunch.

*3:45 - 4:45  Mindfulness Meditation and Chanting*
- No knowledge of Hebrew, prayer, or meditation necessary.

WEDNESDAYS
*8:15 am - 8:45 am Morning Meditation and Chanting*
- No knowledge of Hebrew, prayer or meditation necessary

THURSDAYS
*12:00 - 1:00 Lunch n'Learn with the Rabbi*
- Join me in SAGA for lunch, shmoozing and the study of traditional and
non-traditional texts. See details for Tuesday's Hebrew table if you're
not on meal plan.

FRIDAYS
*6:30 - Shabbat Dinner* - OR feel free to come early to the Kosher Mod
(Greenwich 40) to help cook or set up

ALL PROGRAMS ARE IN THE SPIRITUAL LIFE CENTER ON TOP OF DONUT 5, except
for the lunches.

For more information - or if you have any ideas for other future
programs - please feel free to e-mail me.

B'shalom,
SPN

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Phone: (413) 559-5282        Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel