[Jewish] Simchat Torah

Gideon Bass gpb05 at hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 2 08:31:10 EDT 2007

So there will be a five-college Simchat Torah celebration this Thursday (Oct 4)
at 7:00 at Amherst College. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and I hope
people try and come.

Who: Everyone who wants!

What: Simchat Torah. Celebrate the completion of reading the entire torah. There
will be flag-making, hakafot/dancing, singing, home-made rugelach, fondue, Torah
reading, and funny skits.

Where: Amherst College, Alumni House (where Purim has been the past few years
for old people). for new people: it's pretty well labeled on the map by the
main bus stop at Amherst College. Also, there may (hopefully?) be signs.

When: 7:00-9:00 PM

Why: Cause it's awesome! Besides, the next day is a friday, and then there's
october break. It's not like you need to be working or anything?

-Gideon