[Jewish] Fwd: Israeli Storytelling at Amherst

Gideon Bass gpb05 at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 6 08:26:04 EST 2007

This even looks interesting, and I thought you might be interested in it. I
don't know anything about it other than the description though.

-Gideon

----- Forwarded message from Michael Neff 09 <mneff09 at amherst.edu> -----
    Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 02:24:10 -0500
    From: Michael Neff 09 <mneff09 at amherst.edu>
 Subject: Israeli Storytelling at Amherst
      To: Ruthie Oland <ruthiejoy at external.umass.edu>, Rachel Martin
<rdmartin.rachel at gmail.com>, Gideon Bass <gpb05 at hampshire.edu>, elyse
lichtenthal <elichten at student.umass.edu>, ed jaffe <eijaffe at hotmail.com>,
Rebecca Oyen 09 <royen09 at amherst.edu>, sheira schiff <sschiff at smith.edu>

Shalom all!
At the bottom of this email is the description of an event I've been asked to
forward to all the 5-College reps. (I'm sorry if a number of people on the
recipient list are not 5-College reps, but I couldn't figure out how to delete
names from the reply-all button.) Anyway, the event  looks really
interesting--it's a storytelling which combines Israeli and Palestinian
perspectives, so it should be provocative. Hopefully everyone can forward it to
their school's Hillel list! Thanks, and have a great week,

Michael

"A Land Twice Promised" Performed by Noa Baum, Israeli Professional Storyteller
Monday, March 12th at 8:00 PM in Chapin Chapel, Amherst College

Storyteller Noa Baum, an Israeli who began a heartfelt dialogue with a
Palestinian woman while living in the United States, weaves together their
memories and their mothers' stories. She creates a moving testimony
illuminating the complex and contradictory history and emotions that surround
Jerusalem for Israelis and Palestinians alike.  For more information, visit
www.noabaum.com.

An Amherst College Hillel and Progressive Students Alliance event, sponsored by
the Amherst Association of Students and the Amherst College Interdepartmental
Student Fund.

----- End forwarded message -----