[Jewish] Nehirim: A Spiritual Retreat for GLBT Jews

rag04 at hampshire.edu rag04 at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 31 10:33:33 EST 2006

Thanks to a generous grant, we are able to offer significant
financial aid for this event, including full scholarships for students.

I'm hoping interested members of the Hampshire Jewish Student Union
can join us for this exciting annual event (full description below)!

Sincerely,

Adam Lavitt
alavitt at gmail.com
www.adamlavitt.blogspot.com

Nehirim
A Spiritual Retreat for GLBT Jews
May 19-21, 2006
Elat Chayyim: The Jewish Retreat Center
Accord, NY

The Nehirim spiritual retreat is a fun, soulful, heartful gathering
where you can connect with your community, relax and refresh, and
explore your spiritual path - forming connections that last a
lifetime.  Our retreats feature:

· A wide range of spiritual options, from traditional shabbat
davening to meditation, yoga, and dance.
· Connections with GLBT Jews of all ages, religious affiliations, and
walks of life --  students and seniors, singles and couples, secular
and religious, "gay veterans" and those newly exploring their
identities.
· Workshops and seminars featuring a wide range of teachers,
including Rabbi Jill Hammer, Jay Michaelson, Rabbi Jacob Staub, Ken
Page, Craig Hanauer, Judith Miller, Susan Bash, Ellen Weaver, and more.
· Opportunities to open your heart, participate and lead ritual, or
just be yourself, be in nature, and be with a diverse, welcoming
community.
· Dancing, singing, kosher (mostly vegetarian) food, an eruv, tennis
courts, hot tub, country roads.

Cost: Rates begin at $210 (including room & board), financial aid
available including full scholarships for students

To register: www.jewishretreatcenter.org

More info: www.nehirim.org

“For me it was a weekend of personal growth, great fun, warmth,
renewed
spiritual connection, and deep relaxation... I met people this
weekend that I know I'll
continue seeing.”
G.S., participant in the 2005 retreat

----- End forwarded message -----