[Jewish] Steven Greenberg this weekend

RL Sarafconn rls01 at hampshire.edu
Mon Mar 28 22:05:18 EST 2005

Hi all,

I just want to thank all of you guys who came to celebrate Purim with us at the
5-College celebration this past Thursday.  It was fantastic that so many people
came and represented us so well, not to mention that we were hands down the
sexiest people there.  Great idea, whoever thought of coordinating costumes.

There's just one more 5-College Hillel event this year and it's going to be a
cool one. Steven Greenberg, a gay Orthodox rabbi, among other distinctions,
will be around the Valley this Friday and Saturday.

On Friday night he'll be speaking at UMass about Tzedek: the Jewish imperative
for social justice.  Let me or Rachel know by Tuesday or Wednesday if you want
to go to dinner at 7:15.  They have to know how much food to order.  Services
start at 6pm and there are 3 different services going on simultaneously so you
can pick your denomination.

Then, on Saturday afternoon, he's speaking at the Hillel house at 1:30pm
after lunch about "the limits of pluralism".

Then on Saturday night, he's speaking at Smith College at 8pm about "Gayness
and God:Homosexuality in the Jewish tradition" at 8pm.

Rabbi Lisa should have more information if you're interested.

b'shalom
RL