[Jewish] Event this Thursday

dmd02 at hampshire.edu dmd02 at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 29 09:29:09 EST 2005

Hey, everyone~

Just thought some of you might be interested in this amazing musician who is
coming to UMASS this Thursday.  You can listen to samples of his fantastic
music on www.hasidicreggae.com.  Hope to see many of you there!

~Diana

Matisyahu - Hasidic Reggae Superstar

UMass JSU and Chabad House Present:
Matisyahu- The Hasidic Reggae Superstar

The lyricist, MC, and Beatboxing Hasidic Jew. Read it again. Combining the
sounds of Bob Marley and Shlomo Carlebach, yet remaining wholly original,
Matisyahu's performance is an uplifting, powerful experience for all in his
presence. Even the most pessimistic in his audience is inspired by his ability
to so honestly convey such a delicate, topic as faith/spirituality. It is his
dedication to his belief and openness to others that compels one to respect his
artistry and message. It's in that fleeting moment when our skepticism melts
and our souls open up, that Matisyahu enters with his booming sound of faith.

Thursday, March 31
Campus Center Auditorium
UMass Amherst Campus
8:00 p.m.

$5 Tickets available at door. Advance Ticket Sales @ TixUnlimited

More Information

Contact:

Rabbi Simcha
(413) 253-8089
rabbi at jewmass.com

--
B"H

Between Hope & Trust

There is hope, and there is trust in G-d --and they are two distinct attitudes.

Hope is when there is something to latch on to, some glimmer of a chance. The
drowning man, they say, will clutch at any straw to save his life.

Trust in G-d is even when there is nothing in which to hope. The decree is
sealed.
The sword is drawn over the neck. By all laws of nature there is no way out.

But the One who runs the show doesn't need any props.

~Daily Dose of Wisdom from the Rebbe