[Jewish] Hag Sameach

lfkeshet at mtholyoke.edu lfkeshet at mtholyoke.edu
Tue Apr 26 20:51:33 EDT 2005

Hag Sameach! I hope you are having a liberating Passover. Below, you will find
five short items of interest. Shalom, Rabbi Lisa

*the key list for Dakin has been sent to Public Safety for those who are
eating at Dakin for the week of Pesach.

**please join me for a Kosher for Passover Lunch and Learn entitled, How the
Identity Revolution Began in Egypt! Merril Living Room, Friday, April 29th
between 12:30-1:30.

***I would like to hear from you about plans for a new Jewish Advisor for next
year. I will be working as the Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life at Mount
Holyoke next year. This position will be combined with my rabbinic
responsibilities, and will therefore make it impossible for me to work more
hours at Hampshire. We will be hiring a new Jewish Advisor whom I will be
supervising, and in this way I will still remain very much in touch with you.
Please e-mail me what qualities you would like to see in the new advisor
(should she or he have rabbinic ordination, if so, from what demonination; if
not, what other qualities are important...).

****please join me for Yom HaShoah on Thursday, May 5th (7:00; Rooke Theatre).
I am bringing to Mount Holyoke a musicologist who collects, teaches about, and
performs songs from the Holocaust. At the end of his lecture/concert we will
light a candle and say kaddish together in memory of those who were killed in
the Shoah.

*****Five College Israeli Independence Day Celebration on Thursday, May 12
between 4-7 on the Campus Pond Lawn at UMass. Great Isreali music and free
falafel!!