[Jewish] Sukkot

RL Sarafconn rls01 at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 23 14:00:44 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I hope you all had a meaningful Rosh HaShana and the semester is treating you
kindly.

Sukkot begins on Wednesday the 29th (next wednesday).  Elana has called Phys.
Plant and we should have a sukkah up by then. If you're out looking for it,
it's a big white box that's usually out in the field between Greenwich and the
library.

Let's have a sukkah decorating party! Wednesday is an Advising Day and so there
are no classes.  We could decorate then or maybe Tuesday afternoon.

Also, we should start organizing dinners in the sukkah. I can be in charge of
the first night. If you have any interest in taking charge of a day of the
week, cooking, decorating, or giving your opinion about menu choices or times,
just email me.

Really, please email me if you have even the slightest inclination to help out
or even if you only have 15 minutes to do so. When I get an idea about how many
people are interested, it will help me figure out how good to make the food.

Also, I am the five-college representative from Hampshire and I am looking for
a younger student to do it with me this year and then maybe take over next year
or at least pass on the information when I graduate.  The five-college hillel
group meets together occasionally to plan for big events like Simhat Torah and
Purim. The five-college rep would then go back to Hampshire and find
torah-readers, joke-tellers, etc. to volunteer at the events.  I will be going
to these meetings and would probably be able to offer rides to anyone who would
like to go with me. The first meeting will be Monday or Tuesday of next week.
If you're interested and have a strong preference, get in on it now and give
them your opinion.

Thanks so much, guys,
Shana Tova,

RL Sarafconn