[Jewish] Union of Progressive Zionists

Mairav Zonszein mzonszein at meretzusa.org
Mon Sep 20 17:30:39 EDT 2004

Hello Hampshire Listserv,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Union of Progressive Zionists - a new
student initiative created to bring a progressive Zionist voice to campuses
across North America, advocating a pro-Israel, anti-occupation message.
(for more info, please check out www.peacepossible.org).

Ari Shapiro, who we have been in touch with but will be away this semester,
has kindly provided us with this listserv so that we can spread the word
about the UPZ, and find interested student activists who want to get
involved on their campuses.

The UPZ will act as a support and resource for students, helping with event
programming, campus activism and education and more. The UPZ is having a
founding conference at the Newark Sheraton in New Jersey the weekend of
October 15th, 2004. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow student
activists who care about Israel and want to be active on their campuses.

Time is running out and the deadline for registration is tomorrow! (However
since you have only heard of us now, there will be exceptions and you are
welcome to sign up for the conference as soon as you can).

Even if you can't make the conference, get in touch so that we can work
together in the future on your campus.
Contact either me, or the UPZ Director, ari Brochin at 212 206 9909  or
send an email to progressivezionist at yahoo.com

best to all,
mairav

Mairav Zonszein