[Jewish] Simhat Torah Tonight!!!!

RL Sarafconn rls01 at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 7 11:11:42 EDT 2004

Hey guys,

Are you excited?  Simhat Torah is tonight!  Seriously, this is my all-time
favorite holiday. We read the last portion of the Torah and start right again
with the beginning. We dance and sing with the torahs and spill out into the
courtyard and down the front steps. And we get to chill with our five-college
comrades to boot!

The celebration starts tonight at 7:30pm at UMass Hillel House. To get there
you take the "Haigis Mall" bus and pull the cord right at Bertucci's. Not
before, not after. (I've got this down to a science).  Hillel house is right on
Frat Row. It's the funny-shaped white building with the big Jewish Star on it.

Hampshire will be represented this evening by Daniela reading Torah, all of us
leading a hakafa together(not hard, I swear), and me (by default) leading an
itty bitty part of the service.  Hampshire is always really well represented at
Simhat Torah. Let's keep that up and sing and dance our little hearts out
tonight!

See you there!!!!

RL