[Jewish] This Shabbat

Alexis Light adl02 at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 17 15:24:55 EST 2004

All right, we're starting with the information early this week so no
one can say "but i didn't know."

Sundown and candle lighting is at 4:07.
Dinner will begin at 5:30.
Everything will occur in Mod 40 opposed to upstairs in the religious
life space.

Because there is so much time between candle lighting and dinner, we
will have fun and enjoy each others company.  Bring songbooks (english
and hebrew, secular and jewish), stories or other exciting things to
add to the community.  If there is interest we can da'vin or read this
weeks torah portion (but don't let this scare you away from coming.)
It's nice to be able to relax together a bit before having to run in
each and ever direction.

Also, we may have two special guests from Rabbis for Human Rights.
(one is Elana's home rabbi/ home rabbi's husband and the other is his
friend from Israel who will be speaking at Umass on sunday).  Lets show
them how awesome we are and learn what they have to teach  us.

Elana has offered to cook and some other super star has offered to head
the clean-up crew (but i don't remember who it was that offered last
shabbos).  If you can help with either task, it is always appreciated.

I hope to see each and everyone of you this shabbos,
Lexi

Also, remember that Daniela is offering a Challah baking workshop on
thursday night.  6:30pm- Merrill kitchen.  It'll be extraordinary!