[Jewish] (no subject)

Lexi Light adl02 at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 24 17:04:46 EST 2004

Shalom ya'll!
	Hope your break kicked ass! Shabbos dinner this week, Mod 40,
cooked by two wonderful (and jewish) women... sorry boys, i know at
least one is already taken!  Anyhow, Shabbat dinner, this friday,
candlelighting sometime around 5:35, dinner at 6ish as usual!
	Also, here is a list of passover events!  Something to look forward to!
-Me

---------------
Passover Events-
7:00pm Tuesday 3.30.04 (Merrill living room)
Information session- what does keeping Passover at Hampshire College
mean?  How can I keep Passover?  Can I be compensated if I’m on the meal
plan and don’t eat in Saga over Passover? These and many other questions
will be addressed….
10:00am Sunday 4.4.04
Find the H’amatz!  It will be a fun filled day of preparing the Dakin
kitchen for Passover!  There will be crews cleaning and shopping, making
sure everything is set to go. The day promises to be a lot of fun as we
chase away the crumbs and start fresh.  Party Saturday night and free
lunch for all of those who help Sunday (one last good meal of bread-y
products!)
Sundown Monday 4.5.04
First Seder- Let us know if you need (want) a place to go, or if you can
take fellow students home with you. There will also be some spaces at
other 5-college seders for Hampshire Students.
ALL OF PASSOVER
The Dakin kitchen will be KP* and food will be supplied by the JSU.  We
will try hard to have prepared/eat three communal meals a day.  Let us
know if you’re interested in cooking or eating.  If you know that you
want to keep Passover, e-mail us and we’ll add your name to the key list
so you can have access when you want it!
6:00pm Tuesday 4.6.04
	All Community Seder in the Red Barn.  RSVP! All are welcome!
8:00pm Wednesday 4.7.04
KP dessert making and arts and crafts!  This way we’ll have yummy sweets
to last the rest of the holiday.
7:00pm Thursday 4.8.04
	Qeshet (5 college Queer-Jewish) movie screening at Smith with KP
snacks!
6:00pm Friday 4.9.04
	Candle lighting, praying (if people are interested) and KP Shabbat
Dinner
Sundown Saturday 4.10.04
Havdullah and then dinner!  Maybe even some games or movies afterwards
(with macaroons and marangs!)
2:00pm Sunday 4.11.04
Passover Cooking Lessons with CIA Chef Elianna Roffman: she will be
teaching a lesson on how to prepare a succulent Passover vegan friendly
meal! Come learn the tricks of the pros!
6:00pm Sunday 4.11.04
	Dinner!  Come enjoy the delicious meal that Chef Roffman helped us
make!
7:30pm Tuesday 4.13.04
Come break Passover communally!  We’ll make sure to have all the bread
we can find in Amherst on hand!

*KP- Kosher for Passover
Questions, Comments, and Concerns: Lexi at adl02 at hampshire.edu or x5892