[Jewish] Melanie Kaye/Kantrowitz

lfkeshet lfkeshet at mtholyoke.edu
Mon Mar 22 14:02:48 EST 2004

Dear Students,

I would like to invite you personally to a dinner and lecture with Melanie
Kaye/Kantrowitz at Mount Holyoke College, this Thursday, March 25. The
kosher dinner requires a rsvp (reply to my e-mail), and is at 5:30 in The
New York Room in Mary Wooley Hall (above Chapin Auditorium). The lecture
begins at 7:30 in Gamble Auditorium (next to the Office of Religious Life).

The title of the lecture is: To be a Radical Jew in the 21st Century.
Melanie Kaye/Kantrowitz is an activist, author, and teacher. She began as an
activist in the civil rights movement, and was the founding director of Jews
for Racial and Economic Justice in NYC. Her work is widely anthologized in
the feminist, gay/lesbian, and progressive Jewish press, and she is the
author of several books, including The Tribe of Dina; My Jewish Face; and
The Issue is Power: Essays on Women, Jews, Violence, and Resistance. She has
just completed a book called The Color of Jews, which will be published next
year by South End Press.

Don't miss the fabulous opportunity!! Rabbi Lisa