[Jewish] Tzedek Community Service trip

Lisa Freitag-Keshet lfkeshet at MtHolyoke.edu
Mon Oct 20 15:41:55 EDT 2003

Dear Students,

Once again, my name is Lisa Freitag-Keshet, and I am happy to say that I am the new Jewish Advisor to Hampshire College. I would like to invite you to come to an important and exciting meeting this Tuesday, October 21 at 3:00, at which time we will be planning a Five-College Hillel Community Service trip during January Recess. During the Tzedek trip, we will be learning about Jewish views of service while we work in the Springfield community to help those in need. We will be staying at the JCC in Springfield from January 24 (evening) until January 27 where we will be eating kosher food and otherwise experiencing Jewish community (including use of the pool in the evenings). Please consider this highly subsidized opportunity ($18 per participant), and let others know about it. The meeting will be in the New Spiritual Life Center on the top floor of Merrell House. If you can't make this meeting, please e-mail me so that I can include you in subsequent meetings. B'Shalom, Lisa

Rabbi Lisa-Freitag-Keshet
Jewish Chaplain
Mt.Holyoke College
Eliot House