[Jewish] Family & Friends Shabbat

RL Sarafconn rsarafconn at hampshire.edu
Sun Oct 19 21:04:26 EDT 2003

Hello all.

First I wanted to thank you all for a wonderful Simhat Torah service last
night. Hampshire College was very well represented. We had about a dozen
students there as well as a prospective student and his parents.  I am proud
to say that we had all of our assigned parts rehearsed, represented
Hampshire as an environmentally friendly campus, and had lots of ruach
(spirit) in our singing and dancing.

Next weekend is Family & Friends weekend. Could somebody please volunteer to
cook for Shabbat dinner? Beth and I are taking a break this week. Lexi has
volunteered to cook the next weekend (Oct. 31st).

This is an important Shabbat because some of our parents and siblings will
want to come and see what Hampshire Shabbats are like.  My parents will be
coming and bringing Kosher bakery dessert. There are frozen challot in the
freezer. All we need is dinner. It could be very simple (pasta & salad) or
inspired depending on how much time/cooking skills you have at your
disposal.

Please get back to the list as soon as possible if you can cook or help cook
next Friday.

RL