[Jewish] fun stuff

amd00 at hampshire.edu amd00 at hampshire.edu
Mon Mar 24 16:28:44 EST 2003

Hi Everyone,
I hope you guys had a great spring break! Here are two upcoming events that you
might be interested in attending...

1) Come and hear from authors of the new book, Queer Jews. Editor Caryn Aviv,
Jyl Lynn Felman, and local author Leslea Newman (Heather Has Two Mommies) to
name a few. They will be reading from their work and discussing the lgbt Jewish
community. A book signing will follow the reading. TONIGHT (March 24th) at
7:30pm in the Neilson Browsing Room, Smith College Library.

2) KOACH's* Conservative Shabbaton at UMass Hillel starts on Friday, March 28th
and continues on Saturday, March 29. KOACH is the College Outreach Program from
the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.  Our guest speaker for the
weekend is Rabbi Elyse Winick.  Rabbi
Winick is the Assistant Director of KOACH and she teaches at Brandeis.  She is
a Conservative Rabbi from Sharon, MA.

at the UMASS Hillel House...
Friday, March 28th
6:00 p.m. Conservative services
7:15 p.m. dinner
... after dinner Rabbi Winick will talk about Jewish Views on War

Saturday, March 29th
11:00-1:00 Conservative services
.. there will be a D'var Torah by Rabbi Winick
1:30 p.m. Shabbat lunch with everyone and it's free!
... after lunch Rabbi Winick will give a discussion on the Spiritual and
Physical Look at Spring Cleaning and Getting Ready for Passover.

Students joining us for dinner must bring a five college meal exchange
card from their dining services.
For more info and to RSVP, please contact Becky at
rrozyn at student.umass.edu .

As usual we need volunteers to organize and prepare Shabbat dinner. If you are
interested in volunteering please contact Alizah x5155 or Jesse at x5190.

One more reminder - Pesach is coming up... We have a kitchen reserved that
needs to be kashered and money with which to buy food and permanent equipment.
If you are interested in organizing any part of our Hampshire Pesach
celebration (including spending someone else's money) please contact me
(x5155). It is a big job and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Alizah David
x5155
Box# 164